Is an inclusive Community where every member's contribution is nurtured and valued.
Is to provide leadership and support to create a vibrant Wolverhampton within a growing Black Country where people from all cultural groups work together creatively to improve social conditions, the economy and access to services, by capacity building the EM Voluntary and Community Sector.
We will achieve this by:
Building the capacity of the EM Voluntary and Community Sector, encouraging active participation of EM Communities, supported by the EM network, encouraging EM citizens, communities and businesses to engage in an inclusive partnership with mainstream organisations to deliver innovative products and services.
The EMC Site:
The aim of our Site is to provide Wolverhampton's voluntary and community sector with tools, resources and relevant information to help them operate successfully. Please visit regularly to find out what's new!
What can you expect from the EMC?
- Help to take and shape your ideas to start a voluntary and/or community group
- Support for you, your staff, trustees and volunteers to become more skilled, work to the correct legislation and run your organisation effectively
- Assistance to find the money you need to take your projects forward (by the provision of a funding and Development Officer in Wolverhampton or by signposting to appropriate help in other areas)
- Support to improve and strengthen what you do by undertaking an organisational ‘health check'
- More involvement by receiving up to date information through your membership of EMC.
Through the Wolverhampton VSC, share best practice recruiting, supporting and developing volunteers.
- Help to develop long term plans to make your organisation more sustainable
Support for tendering and gaining contracts to deliver services
- The provision of Compact advocacy if you feel that your relationship with the public sector has been compromised
- Information on new ideas and opportunities and changes in legislation that may affect you
Access to specialist training and learning opportunities