Working together for a better tomorrow
Welcome to the Ethnic Minority Council
Is an inclusive Majority Community which has redressed the balance for its Ethnic Minority [EM] Communities.
Is to provide leadership and support to create a vibrant Wolverhampton within a growing Black Country where people from all cultural groups work together creatively to improve social conditions, the economy and access to services, by capacity building the EM Voluntary and Community Sector.
We will achieve this by:
Building the capacity of the EM Voluntary and Community Sector, encouraging active participation of EM Communities, supported by the EM network, encouraging EM citizens, communities and businesses to engage in an inclusive partnership with mainstream organisations to deliver innovative products and services.
The EMC Site:
The aim of our Site is to provide Wolverhampton’s voluntary and community sector with tools, resources and relevant information to help them operate successfully. Please visit regularly to find out what’s new!
What can you expect from the EMC?
- Help to take and shape your ideas to start a voluntary and/or community group
- Support for you, your staff, trustees and volunteers to become more skilled, work to the correct legislation and run your organisation effectively
- Assistance to find the money you need to take your projects forward (by the provision of a funding and Development Officer in Wolverhampton or by signposting to appropriate help in other areas)
- Support to improve and strengthen what you do by undertaking an organisational ‘health check’
- More involvement by receiving up to date information through your membership of EMC.
Through the Wolverhampton VSC, share best practice recruiting, supporting and developing volunteers.
- Help to develop long term plans to make your organisation more sustainable
Support for tendering and gaining contracts to deliver services
- The provision of Compact advocacy if you feel that your relationship with the public sector has been compromised
- Information on new ideas and opportunities and changes in legislation that may affect you
Access to specialist training and learning opportunities
The EMC Mailing List
To ensure that you and your organisation can access the latest information from us, make sure that you become an EMC member and get full access to the site.
We send out regular briefings through this list, including information on funding, training, representation, policy, and changes to legislation.
Our Funders & Supporters
Lottery Funding is a joint website run by all Lottery funders in the UK. This site allows you to search information on all the current funding programmes across the UK.
Examples of Lottery funding pots include:
- Awards for All – Awards for All fund projects that bring people together to take part in and enjoy a wide range of community activities.
If your project helps to improve people’s lives, encourages more people to get involved in their local community or boosts skills and creativity then it is the sort of thing they want to fund. You can apply for between £300 and £10,000 depending on the country.
- The Big Lottery Fund – The Big Lottery Fund is the largest Lottery distributor. They are responsible for giving out half the money raised by the National Lottery for good causes, i.e. 14 pence of every pound spent on a Lottery ticket.
Their mission is to bring real improvements to communities and the lives of people most in need. Their remit covers health, education, environment and charitable purposes.
There are many other funding streams available through the Lottery and these change over time.
The EMC is an infrastructure organisation for the Ethnic Minority voluntary and community sector in Wolverhampton and the Black Country.